As the weather warms up, do you look around your home and wish it was a little more “summery” looking? Here are some tips to easily create that light, airy feeling in your home right now:
• Let in LIGHT! Clean your windows and make sure you have screens for them so you can keep them open when it’s warm.
• De-clutter. Put away anything unnecessary so your home will feel airy and spacious.
• Add white accessories. Vases, pillows, candles, and white table linens will make your home feel crisp and clean.
• Switch up some of your art. Colourful art pieces can sometimes be found at flea markets and thrift stores. Some DIY ideas for summer art – frame cards with beach scenes or flowers, paint a canvas with stripes of bold colours, wrap some beautiful fabric around a canvas and staple like these batique prints
• Bring nature in. Fill some bowls, urns and vases with flowers or branches from the outdoors.
• Use summery colours. Hot pinks, bold oranges and golden yellows are all popular colours for 2013 that will brighten up your décor. Floral prints are very popular right now!
• Use light materials. Switch out heavy drapes for light, sheer ones. Change a heavy wool rug for a bright cotton one. Pack away your heavy throws and blankets and use light cotton ones instead.
How do you lighten up your home for summer?