Here’s a very simple chocolate recipe I put together, sure to please any chocolate lover! You can easily adapt this recipe to suit your needs. Maybe you prefer milk chocolate or dislike coconut, that’s okay!
Chocolate Coconut Almond Drops
You will need:
1 cup chocolate (I used chocolate chips but a bar would work too)
A plate/pan with foil or parchment paper (or a chocolate mold)
Cooking oil spray (I used coconut oil)
Approx 50 almonds (whole or chopped) or a different nut
1-2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
1-2 tbsp coconut oil
Optional: Extracts like peppermint if you want to flavour your chocolate! Dried fruit like cranberries would also be very tasty.
- Gather your ingredients. Cover your plate or pan with foil and spray it lightly with your oil.
- Add 1 cup chocolate to a double broiler (mine is a makeshift one. fill a pan with water then place a second pan on top and bring to a boil) or melt it in the microwave.
- Add 1-2 tbsp coconut oil and stir. I used 2 but keep in mind that at room temperature the chocolates melt quickly. If you want to prevent that, use just 1 tbsp (they still melt but not as quickly).
- Stir the mixture until fully melted.
- Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate onto the foil. The size is entirely up to you but I like them to be bite sized!
- While the chocolate is still runny, add some almonds. Then stick them in the freezer for 10min.
- Take the chocolates out of the freezer and add more of the melted chocolate on top, sealing in those almonds! Then sprinkle with some shredded coconut.
- Pop them back into the freezer until fully solid. About 20min. Then should remove very easily from the foil. If the center is sticking, put them back in the freezer and try again later.
- All done!