I have been making my own granola for many years. It’s easy to make and lasts well in a sealed container. This year I decided it would make a nice gift to give to my friends for Christmas, wrapped in a hand-made tea towel. I hope you enjoy the recipe, it’s my gift to you!
Nikki’s Homemade Healthy Granola
3 c rolled oats ( I use 2 cups regular oats and 1 cup steel cut porridge oats which have flaxseeds, oat bran and wheat bran added to it)
1/4 c flax seeds
3/4 c sliced almonds
1/2 c shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/4 c coconut oil (melted)
1/3 c liquid honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the oats, flax seeds, almonds, and coconut in a large bowl.
3. Mix coconut oil, honey, and vanilla in a small bowl. Pour on dry mixture and mix well. Spoon onto pan and spread evenly.
4. Bake for 30-40 min, stirring every 10 min. Add goiji berries or other dried fruit if you wish.
5. Let cool and store in airtight container.