I love florals, especially in the Spring. This pattern makes a great addition to any home and is a fun to play around with. It can really brighten up a room and add visual interest. Throw pillows are an easy way to incorporate this look but you can also do rugs, lamp shades, slip covers, foot stools (simple DIY to recover a thrifted stool!), blankets and even wall art. Floral can take on many different looks from vintage to mod to modern so there’s something for everyone!
Here are a few ways to decorate with floral:
- Purchase a floral wall paper and frame a piece of it! Quick and easy.
- For an easy transition, choose floral patterns that use colours you already have in your home.
- Don’t be afraid to repeat a floral pattern within a room. It helps tie the look together.
- To carry the look from one room to another without going overboard, paint the walls or buy items the color found in the floral pattern in room 1 in room 2.
- Floral dinner ware is always fun!
- Floral rugs are a great way to add the pattern in a large amount without as much commitment as painting or wallpaper.
- Don’t be afraid to mix floral with other patterns like stripes or polka dots!