Here are a few important things you should do every day to keep your home looking neat and organized.
1. Make your bed every morning. It only takes a few minutes and you will be rewarded by seeing a neat bed every time you go to your bedroom during the day. Even if you’re out all day, coming home to a made bed is SO much nicer!
2. Sort your mail everyday. When you bring in the mail, sort out and recycle junk mail, put magazines/catalogs into a specific area for reading later, and put bills and mail requiring action into a separate folder or basket. Every member in the house who receives mail should have a “in-box”. Here are a few organizers that you can buy or make to help you organize your mail:
3. De-clutter everyday. Spend 15 minutes in the morning or evening, putting away things that aren’t where they belong. Do your main living areas first: living room, kitchen, den, then do the bedrooms if time. Don’t try to organize or clean too much at this time, just tidy.
4. Clean the kitchen right after dinner. Load the dishwasher, put everything away, wipe the counters and give the floor a sweep. Give everyone a job and it will be done quickly. For information on how to clean without using harsh or dangerous chemicals, go here
5. Before you go to bed, make a list of things to do the next day and anything you need to buy. Not only will you stop forgetting things, but you will sleep better too!
This month I am giving away 2 hand-made products that you can use to help keep your home more organized. The contest runs from September 5-13, 2013. Click here to enter!