As the weather warms up, do you look around your home and wish it was a little more “summery” looking? Here are some tips to easily create that light, airy feeling in your home right now:
• Let in LIGHT! Clean your windows and make sure you have screens for them so you can keep them open when it’s warm.
• De-clutter. Put away anything unnecessary so your home will feel airy and spacious.
• Add white accessories. Vases, pillows, candles, and white table linens will make your home feel crisp and clean.
• Switch up some of your art. Colourful art pieces can sometimes be found at flea markets and thrift stores. Some DIY ideas for summer art – frame cards with beach scenes or flowers, paint a canvas with stripes of bold colours, wrap some beautiful fabric around a canvas and staple like these batique prints
• Bring nature in. Fill some bowls, urns and vases with flowers or branches from the outdoors.
• Use summery colours. Hot pinks, bold oranges and golden yellows are all popular colours for 2013 that will brighten up your décor. Floral prints are very popular right now!
• Use light materials. Switch out heavy drapes for light, sheer ones. Change a heavy wool rug for a bright cotton one. Pack away your heavy throws and blankets and use light cotton ones instead.
How do you lighten up your home for summer?
Email Newsletter Signup
Sign up for our newsletter and receive 10% off your next purchase! Plus tips on healthy living, budget-friendly decorating, special promotions and chances to win free products! This is double opt-in so you MUST confirm your subscription.